If you wish to find a tenant who will take care of your property as much as you do, you must ensure that you attract the right candidate. A responsible tenant will maximize your profit and give you peace of mind.
Tips to Reel in Good Tenants:
- A good property will attract and maintain a good tenant. Keep your property clean and presentable. Identify and eliminate any factor that can drive away tenants.
- Prioritize what you are looking for in a tenant. If there is a certain criteria you think your tenant should meet, specify it in the ad.
- Strategically place ads on more than one website or newspaper to reach the masses.
- Highlight the factors that will attract tenants who fit your criteria. For example, if your ideal tenant is a family with children, highlight factors like ‘near parks and school’.
- Avoid high risk tenants by asking prospective tenants to go through a screening process and a background check. A trustworthy tenant will not hesitate to grant you permission to do so.