Posts Filed Under News and Updates

Does SB91 Ban All Evictions?

Short answer: No.Long answer: Continue reading.. SB91 protects tenants from eviction through June 30th, 2021 in many situations. Not in every situation, however. In fact, the courts are accepting new eviction cases and are also processing previously filed eviction cases. It seems like landlords get new restrictions and requirements by the week, such as the ..Read More

Proposition 19: What All Real Estate Owners Should Know

Proposition 19, which passed in the November 2020 elections, is set to take effect on February 16th, 2021. While Proposition 19 brings a few important changes, the amendment that stands out the most is how children inheriting property from their parents affects their ability to take advantage of the tax breaks Prop 13 once set. ..Read More

SB-91 15 Day Notice Flowchart – Updated

Important Reminders About SB-91 Landlords are required to inform all tenants about the State Rental Assistance Program who as of February 1st, 2021 have any outstanding rent payments due after March 1st, 2020 ON or BEFORE February 28th, 2021. If your tenant has any rental debt prior to March 1st, 2020, please contact us at ..Read More

SB 91 California State Rental Assistance Program Important Takeaways

Watch the SB91 Webinar Replay Table of Contents Area Median Income Table by County SB 91 Webinar Replay 15 Day Notice Flowchart How to apply for SB91 rental assistance What is Senate Bill 91 (SB 91) AKA State Rental Assistance Program? Governor Gavin Newsom signed SB 91 into law on January 29, 2021, which instantly ..Read More

SB 91 – Newest Law Introduced to Extend AB 3088

California legislator leaders introduced a measure aimed at settling unpaid rent debt for qualifying tenants and landlords owed since April 2020 up until March 1st, 2021. The key takeaway from SB 91 is that the landlord would receive up to 80% of accumulated back rent in exchange for forgiving the other 20% and not pursue ..Read More

California Extends AB3088

Governor Gavin Newsom and legislative leaders announced that they have come to an agreement on an extension of California’s eviction moratorium (AB3088) to help protect Californians affected by COVID-19. The extension is through June 30th, 2021.  The extension is aimed at protecting tenants and small landlords from losing their homes. During the announcement, it was ..Read More

More Federal Aid Possibly on the Way for Renters and Landlords

The current Federal Eviction Ban and assistance program is set to expire on January 31st, 2021. Newly elected president Biden announced on Thursday, January 14th his proposal on the next wave of federal assistance. Under his proposed plan, eviction and foreclosure moratoriums would be extended through the end of September 2021. Here are additional important ..Read More

2 Eviction Moratorium Extensions You Should Know About

As the current eviction moratorium is just weeks away from expiring, lawmakers in Sacramento are shuffling to pass one of two bills that would extend AB 3088 beyond its January 31st expiration date. On Friday, Jan 8th, 2021, Governor Newsome released his 2021-2022 proposed budget for the state of California. In it, he proposes an ..Read More

How to Apply for Federal Rental Assistance Program

Disclaimer: this information is up to date as of the publishing of this article. Please check if there are any updates. A couple of things came along when the new stimulus was signed in December, 2020. One of those was the extension of the Federal Eviction Moratorium. The other is a $25 billion fund destined ..Read More

Eviction Moratorium Extended in Los Angeles County Through February 28, 2021

LA County’s Board of Supervisors voted on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 to provide an additional month of eviction protections to LA County tenants. They also added further protections to keep landlords from “harassing” and intimidating tenants for non-payment of rent. The news comes as California is seeing its worst spike in COVID-19 cases since the ..Read More