- Rent-to-rent scandal – the latest get-rich-quick scheme. The tenant will pose as a landlord to other tenants, rent out the property and collect money from them. Make sure the person living in your house is the one to whom you actually rented your property.
- The tenant might provide a false proof of payment that looks authentic. And by the time you realize and track him down, he would’ve fled leaving you with an outstanding utility bill or vandalized property.
- Tenants are on the lookout for individuals with a clean credit history and con them into co-signing a lease so that their own negative credit history is overlooked.
- Identity theft is another scam commonly used by tenants. They manipulate ID documents or steal a family member’s identity making it difficult to track them down.
- Through fake references from friends who pretend to be former landlords or employers, or easily available phony resumes, the tenant might trick you into believing that he or she would be the perfect tenant.
At Fast Eviction Service, help on any of the issues discussed in this article is simply a click or phone call away. Email email@example.com or call our office at (800) 686-8686 to discuss your questions for a free evaluation of your case.
Our California Eviction Court System - The Wild, Wild West!
We have begun to call the Southern California Eviction Courts the Wild, Wild West. Why? Because on a contested case, you never know what courtroom you will be sent to and you never know how the judge is going to decide your case. For every contested case in which we have similar fact scenarios, we can have different rulings from different judges. Read More...
Basta: The Truth About Founder Daniel Bramzon
Daniel Bramzon, the founder of BASTA was accused of having ties and a business relationship with a notorious landlord, Jeff Byrd, by the Los Angeles Tenants Union in a Los Angeles Weekly Article written by Hillel Aron on June 23, 2017. In that article Mr. Bramzon was accused of a blatant conflict of interest and a march on BASTA’S Los Angeles Office was organized by Tenant’s Activist Trinidad Ruiz. Read More...
Basta Eviction Defense Lawyers In Los Angeles - Who Are They?
You have a tenant who refuses to pay rent. You have served a 3-Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit which has expired. Your attorney files an unlawful detainer case in the Los Angeles Superior Court and you are then notified that a firm called BASTA files an answer to the complaint alleging that "You have breached the Warranty of Habitability or that your action is a Retaliatory Eviction or some other ridiculous defense, and this BASTA is demanding a jury trial. Now what? Read More...