3 DAY NOTICE TO PAY RENT OR VACATE RESIDENTIAL
FREE PRINTABLE FORMS
More Information on how and when to use the 3 Day Notice to Vacate (Residential) free eviction form
This is a 3 day notice form to be used by landlords for residential properties. By using this form, your tenants are entitled to either pay rent, or vacate the property within 3 days. An eviction notice form like this has to conform to the state (in this case California) and meet the criteria for eviction in order to be processed. Here we will explain how and when you can use the eviction notice.
If you have been dealing with ongoing rent-related problems with a tenant or tenants, then you can present this 3 day tenant eviction notice.
You can use this notice if:
- If the tenant(s) has failed to pay the rent on the due date that was agreed upon in the contract.
- If the tenant(s) has been defaulting on his/her rent for some time with no prior indication of a payment time or date.
- If the tenant(s) has not paid the rent in full and has not stated any clear reason for it.
Once you have downloaded the notice, there are specific instructions that you should follow in order to ensure your compliance with the California Department of Consumer Affairs. The instructions are as follows:
- The notice should be presented to the tenant in writing.
- The notice has to have the full name of the tenant(s).
- Have the address of the rental property in the tenant eviction notice.
- The notice has to clearly state that the tenant should either pay the rent or move out from the property within 3 days.
- The notice has to be signed by the landlord, or alternatively, by his/her agent and must state the date on which it was issued.
- The notice has to have a physical address where the tenant can mail the rent to. Note, the mailing address cannot be the same as the eviction address (unless landlord lives in the same property).
- The notice must also include a contact phone number for the tenant to reach the landlord/manager.
- The notice must also include days and times when the tenant can pay the rent. Ex. Monday – Sunday/9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How to count the three days
Once you present the notice to your tenant(s), you can start counting the three days from the first day that you served the noticed. If the third day arrives on a Saturday, Sunday, or a public holiday, then the three day period will conclude on the following Monday, or the following non-holiday. In other words, the three days are counted in regards to three working days. For instance, if you have issued the 3 day eviction notice on a Friday, then the first day will complete at the time you presented the notice to the tenant(s) on Monday, and the 3 day period will hence conclude on a Wednesday.
We are here to help! Call us at (800) 686-8686 if you need assistance in filling out this free tenant eviction form or if you have any questions about our services evicting tenants.
Printable Three (3) Day Notice To Pay Rent or Quit Free Residential Eviction Form Below
3 DAY NOTICE TO PAY RENT OR QUIT (RESIDENTIAL) [C.C.P. 1161 (2)]
______________________________________ Owner(s) Plaintiff(s) Vs ______________________________________ ______________________________________ Resident(s) Defendant(s) TO: __________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ AND ALL OTHER OCCUPANTS IN POSSESSION: YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that pursuant to the lease of agreement dated ______________ Under which you hold the possession of the premises described in this notice, there is now due unpaid and delinquent rent in the following amounts for the following specified periods: $ _________ Due From ______________, 20_______ thru _____________, 20_______ $ _________ Due From ______________, 20_______ thru _____________, 20_______ $ _________ Due From ______________, 20_______ thru _____________, 20_______ $ _________ Due From ______________, 20_______ thru _____________, 20_______ For a total sum of _________________________________________ ($ ______________ ). YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that within three (3) days after service of this notice on you, you must pay the amount of rent stated in this notice in full or quit the premises and deliver up possession of the premises to the undersigned, who is authorized to receive possession of the premises, or the undersigned will institute legal proceeding for unlawful detainer against you to recover possession of the premises and to recover all rents and damages due. YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that the undersigned elects and does declare a forfeiture of the lease or agreement if the rent stated in this notice is not paid in full within the three (3) days. The premises that are the subject of this notice are described as ________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________ PERSON AUTHORIZED TO GIVE NOTICE Person Dated _________ ________ __________ to Pay: _________________________ MONTH DAY YEAR Pay Here: _________________________ Payment days and hours: Monday - Sunday / 9:00 - 5:00 P.M.Form Courtesy of Fast Eviction Service (909) 889-2000